Design and Technology prepares children to take part in the development of tomorrow’s rapidly changing world. It encourages children to become creative problem solvers, both as individuals and as part of a team.
Through their study the children will learn the skills of design, making and evaluating, whilst at the same time, learning how to select and use appropriate tools, following safe procedures.
The curriculum consists of:
- • Food and cooking eg making smoothies, recipes from World War II
- • Textiles eg Making glove puppets, making Tudor money bags
- • Mechanisms eg designing and making Cam toys
- • Materials eg design and make food packaging
- • Construction eg bridges
- • Electricals and electronics